Volunteer Registration is Open
Volunteers are the heart and SOLE of all P3R events as we rely on them to help participants reach their dreams. Grab your friends, family and co-workers and volunteer for Pittsburgh's fastest road race! We look forward to seeing you on race day!
Volunteers under 18 years of age on race day must have a parent or legal guardian complete the registration waiver. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Due to the length of most shifts and the unpredictable nature of the event, children under the age of 12 are not permitted to volunteer or accompany registered volunteers.
- Every registered volunteer will receive an official volunteer shirt. Please note that sizes are not guaranteed.
- Some volunteer positions are more physical than others. Be sure to read the job description before signing up to volunteer.
- Due to the unpredictability of race day, please understand that some volunteers may need to be reassigned at check-in to fill more critical areas.
Safety is our top priority and we work with City safety officials to plan a safe and fun experience for everyone involved. To help ensure a safe race experience, we encourage all spectators, volunteers and runners to be aware of their surroundings.
A secure area for volunteer belongings will not be available; we recommend bringing only necessary items. Additionally, volunteers should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Whatever your role on race day, if you see a suspicious person, object or vehicle along or near the race course, report the sightings to 9-1-1 or notify law enforcement personnel.
- Do not store, hide or leave any personal items, backpacks, packages or clothing along or near the race course; including the start and finish line areas.
- Keep a lookout for bags or packages that appear to be unattended – if in doubt, please ask your volunteer coordinator.
- Do not store or hold bags or packages for someone you don’t know.
- Be a good neighbor and respect the people and community around you; pickup after yourself and keep the noise to a minimum during the early hours.